Monday, September 10, 2007

Animal Duty

Since my Greek wife is away on holiday, I have to take care of the animals three days a week. I am kinda used to this routine already since I had done it the last time they went on holiday. I didn't expect there would be any problem because everything was supposed to be very straight forward. But then again, life is full of surprises and you never know what's going to hit you until it happens!

So...on a beautiful sunny day...I dragged myself out of bed...putting on my dirty working clothes and my super tiny gum boots...with my egg bucket in one hand I walked down the field to get food for the cats. The two cats ran towards me from the garden and followed me closely to the secret place where their food was supposed to be hidden. Well..."supposed" was definitely the right word...coz...nothing was there...the house keeper forgot to put it there! So...what's the strategy...think cuckoo think...think hard..."hmmm...dog food instead??"

Whity White and her family are the best goat family I have ever seen...always well behaved and cooperative...as long as food is in their buckets...they are happy. The chickens on the other hand...especially the new rooster however...was quite an unexpected problem for me.

Because the old man lost almost all his chickens including two very beautiful roosters to the foxes a few weeks ago...he had to get a few more from a farm...mainly for the laying eggs than for the meat. He always kept two roosters...one in the egg shed with a group of hens and another in the outdoor cage with a bunch of other hens. Feeding the chickens and collecting the eggs was always my final routine task.

So...there I went...like I always did before...food bucket in one hand and egg bucket in the other...went into the cage...and...OUCH...something was attacking my feet...and it's that new ugly rooster. It kept coming at me no matter how hard I tried to kick it away...it just wouldn't budge...bloody rooster...attacking someone who brought them food...how stupid was that?! Strategy strategy??? Wellll...got meself a long steel broom...pinned the chicken shit into a corner...and after it attacked the broom for gezillion times...it finally gave in...stupid stupid rooster shit!

Although it was a not a easy morning of work...I got my rewards as usual...12 eggs in me bucket for breakfast! Not bad after all eh?!

------------
Oooooo...ferocious and scary...i wouldn't dare to abandon you...not ever...how could i?
but since you mention it...i have to tell ya...
if you leave me...i will kill you...then i will kill myself...and we can then enter yet another life...hows that sound huh? LOL. So...try to keep your memory intack before you enter the next life wouldya?! Or...use your magic power to put a spell on me that it would be impossible for me to leave you on the next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL That rooster is for sure not at the right place now. He should go to cockfight and he must be the winner i bet.i remembered you said every animal would like you...see...this ungrateful one. Next time you'd better take your camera with you when you feed them again. let me see what does such a hero rooster look like.