Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Rain

It has been raining for the last few days, not continuously but with heavy pourings in between light showers. Although it's not very comfortable if you are on the road but any rain is welcome these days because the State's water reserves has reached it critical stage due to the drought. We urgently need much more rain before summer arrives or we have to face serious water shortage problem.

I used to like rainy days when I was a kid because I could play in the puddles on the little play ground in front of the apartment building. The very few games that kids could enjoy in those days. Then when we moved to the other city, it wasn't fun anymore. Rainy days would only make an already hot and humid day even more intolerable and the streets flooded with dirty sewage water. I almost forgot how nice it was on a rainy day till I came here.

Sitting at the balcony with kk by my side...a cup of hot tea in my hand...the peaceful rhythm of the falling rain...the soft cool wind on my face...the smell of the fresh green grass...the fast shifting of the big dark clouds....yeah....really really nice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I pray the day is keeping rain, you are happy like this every single day, the life is never dreary again, your heart is always peace and all the beautiful things in your mind. Enjoy them all every minutes and nothing could really bother you.