Friday, September 28, 2007

Focus

I ran hot water over the back of my hands to clean away the dirts from the day's work and they hurt like hell. I looked at it and saw many small and a few big cuts. The biggest cut was like 1 cm long, all red and ugly. The skin near the root of my small finger nail was almost turned over. Damn that hurts!

What was I working on? Well, I was tying all the cables onto the metal trays that were mounted on the wall. The trays have many small holes which allows plastic ties to go through them in order to tie the cables down. It looked like quite a simple job but not really. It's very difficult to get the ends of the ties to go through the tiny holes.

Anyway, after 5 hours I got them all done, more than one hundred cables. I really wanted to finish them before I leave. I guess when you are very focus on doing something, all you see is the task at hand, the rest of the world just don't exist until afterwards, that, includes the feeling of pain, mentally and physically. No wonder many people channel their grief by working relentlessly.

No comments: