Thursday, September 20, 2007

Autumn Day

That autumn, after separated with her for eight or night years, I received her first letter. None of the words in the world could describe my joy at that moment.

I had always thought that since we were living in two very different world, our ways of thinking would thus be very different. And after I finished reading her letter, I felt such a relief that I could have been blown away by the light autumn breeze.

Though we had not seen each other for so many years but nothing seemed had changed between us other than that I was no longer a little kid. Her everything was still so familiar to me as if we had spent the entire time together and had never parted a single day.

Since that autumn day, I could finally understand what happiness is all about, I could start to let myself trust again and I could see how lucky and precious it is to have a true friend in my life. I could feel the love and yearned for the day we would be together again.

Pathetically, due to my naiveness and misconception, I missed one of the most important thing in my life, my only regret!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've always been trying to find a better way to learn my English and I've heard that one of the best way is to recite something from memory every day. I was thinking maybe I should try though it would be very hard for me. Since your words are so familiar to me and It could remind me of many things long time ago that I could start with this one. yea, time flys and both of us are no longer young, no longer naivety but now I am no longer afraid of getting old. When my hair turns to white and I have nothing to worry about, maybe at that time I really could do what I like ,I could live where I want, wouldn't that be nice? Of course enough money is necessary and that is why I am working hard for.