Friday, August 24, 2007

The Little Girl

“No, she is going to be with me, definitely!” He yelled with anger and worry.
“Who do you think you are? Who gives you the right to do so after these years?” She yelled back to him.
“Wwa Wwa..” the two year old girl was crying between their hands. She was so confused over these two adults who fought over her.

Why are they fighting? Over me? No, I do not want to be with any one of them! Leave me alone, can’t you hear? Wwa

“I don’t understand why we have to be this way. Isn’t there a better way? Can’t we solve this problem peacefully?” His voice was trembling.
“I wish there is. But... I am sorry.” She avoided his eyes.

“Did your father come to see you at school today?”
“Yes, he did.”
“What did he say to you? You know you shouldn’t believe him that much! In fact you better stop seeing him!”

How can I stop him? I am just a six year old little girl!

“Come over here little friend, your father is here to pick you up.”
“Why? The school isn’t over yet.”
“It doesn’t matter, just go with him.”

Why does he always come right in the middle of the class?

“How do you feel today my baby girl?”
“... “
“I bought some cake for you, your favourite!”
“...“
“Why aren’t you talking today? You don’t feel well? What is it?”
“....“
“Give me a hug, ok? You know that I love you and care for you very much, don’t you? You love me too, right?”
“...“

What do you want me to say Dad? I can‘t go thru this again. I am just a six year old little girl. I am not strong enough to take all this! Why are you crying? I cannot help you. I am just a little girl.

“Where did your mother take you today? You went to see that guy again, didn’t you?”
“No!”
“How about a cake, your favourite!”

Why do they always buy these cakes, I really don’t like them. I hate them!

“Come on, you can tell me, can’t you? You are a very good little girl, right?”

What does he want to know anyway? I can’t tell you anything. I am not allowed to! What’s the matter with these adults?!

“Oh sure you didn’t. What about your daughter eh? Can you say she neither eh?”
“Would you shut up?! What‘s wrong with you? If you don’t believe what I say, why ask? Who gives you the right anyway?!”
“Well, I am your husband for one. But sure, she is your kid not mine!”

How long are they going to fight this time?

“Why didn’t you listen to me? I told you not to see him. Are you deaf!”

I wish I am!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow,you seemed to remember every detailse.was that like a nightmare sometimes? try to memory something that would make you happier.