Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Shameful

A young kangaroo drowned in the old man's garden next door
it was killed and dragged to the little pond by two bull dogs
its mother was chased away by the sudden appearance of the dogs
leave it vulnerable, frightened and defenseless

It happened so fast right in front of my eyes
i chased the dogs away but was too late to save it
it disappeared from the surface of the pond
my heart aches for it and its mother

I don't blame the dogs, i never do
they were how they were trained
it's the trainers who should feel the shame
for creating such beasts so thrill of blood

I understand that the world is a relatively cruel place
the unfairness, the poverty, the disease, the violence, the war
what I can never get is, why make it even crueler
by training a friendly animal to kill purely for killing

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's a very sad story ,like a sad movie in front of my eyes. what a pity!yeah,we are living in the cruel world and this kind of things might be happened every minute and we can do nothing about it. so just be kind to do what you could do,that's it.