Saturday, August 4, 2007

Traveling Companion

I saw a little short film today. It was called "Traveling Companion". It was about this woman whose partner had passed away recently because of cancer. Through the years, they had been traveling very happily together to many places around the world.

It was time again for her to travel, but since her partner had died, she needed to find another traveling companion because she did not want to travel alone. She then put an advertisement on the newspaper looking for a traveling companion. It says:

Writer seeks traveling companion for month long working vacation to Italy.
Walk with me as I explore the cobblestone streets of Genoa, dine with me as I experience the finest restaurants of Florence. My gift of flight and lodging seeks the gift of your company.

Think about it now, perhaps it was such a companion that I have been waiting for all these years that prevents me from fulfilling my dreams of traveling the world.

Would such a companion ever be coming into my life? I wonder....

No comments: