Friday, August 17, 2007

A Newborn Baby

Another Friday morning, like most of the other ones, I was woken up by the ringing of the telephone. My Greek wife is having her children coming over for the weekend and she got them fishes for dinner. Whenever she has fishes on her menu, she would buy some for me. Lucky for me, she only buys the freshest fishes on the market.

As I was walking passing her garden to get the fish, I heard Whity White (the white goat) crying in an unusual way. It's as if she was calling for her little kids to come over and she has three of them. I then detoured to where they were gathering to see what was going on.

I found Whity White and two of the other adult goats were gathering in a very strange way, especially the big male goat. He was standing on top of a big cage which is used for stopping the door of the goat shed from closing by the wind.

Normally, when I went to see them, they would gather towards me but this time they all stayed put except the three kids. I was thinking to myself that since it was not the kids, what was she crying for? I then realized that there was one adult goat missing. She was the smallest one among them and was the one who always had her head stuck to the fence. I then calling out for her thinking maybe she was stuck again to the fence. I heard nothing after a few calls and decided to go into the shed to see if she was inside.

What I saw in the shed gave me a very happy surprise. Not only that I saw the missing goat, I also saw a tiny newborn baby by her feet. She must have just given birth to the little baby goat. Like all the newborn baby goats, this little one was already trying to stand up and walk on its own feet, how cute and brave.

So, that's why Whity White was crying. It must be the cry of joy I bet! Perhaps we should all shout out for the joy of a new life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

据说今儿就是千年难遇的农历07年07月07日礼拜7的7点多,愿爱你的人更爱你,你爱的人更懂你.身边的人少烦你,天边的人想死你......

Anonymous said...

i wish i were there too.it would be very touching.i have never had that kind of experience. how wonderful it is.oh,maybe that's not quite true,how about the baby girl i ever had......